We're hiring! Customer Service/Admin Support, Neighbourly Food – Temp to Perm
We’re looking for a highly organised, super enthusiastic person to manage the administration across our food surplus redistribution client accounts. You will help with organising, supporting and communicating with fellow team members and our customers, as well as our large network of community causes across the UK and Ireland.
Based in central Bristol, Neighbourly is an all-in-one giving platform that connects charities, companies and communities across the UK and Ireland, at scale.
The platform provides a free space for community groups and charities to tell their story and use built in tools to:
- fundraise online
- find volunteers
- receive donations of surplus food and other items
Neighbourly was set up in 2015 by a group of like-minded individuals that believed there was a new way to significantly grow community investment, by making it easier for people to ask for, and to give help. We were one of the UK’s first B Corporations, meaning we’re a for-profit company certified by the non-profit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
We currently manage surplus food redistribution schemes for 5 major UK retailers and food manufacturers, helping to ensure good food goes to community causes that can use and share it effectively.
- Your primary focus will be to support the client teams, and our network of community causes to ensure the programmes run smoothly and efficiently.
- You will be involved in outbound activity to identify causes that can join our schemes, whilst following our vetting and approvals process.
- You will help with platform testing from time to time to ensure the best user experience.
- The role is temporary for three months, with a view to becoming permanent after this period.
- A sunny character with a desire to own projects and contribute towards our fantastic business.
- Highly organised with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Administrative skills that you are proud of.
- Ability to be flexible in approach and prioritisation of tasks.
- Articulate telephone manner and ability to prioritise outbound calls, and handle inbound queries whilst offering great customer service.
- Willingness to do routine tasks with very strong attention to detail (particularly ones which need 100% accuracy), and follow set processes accurately.
- Tenacious and deadline-driven.
- Great Interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy managing and analysing data.
- IT skills including an ability to manage and use spreadsheets (Excel).
- Great grammar and spelling.
- Social media skills (social is an important part of our business – you have to love Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more!)
- Researching and matching community causes with retail outlets for food surplus collections, including identifying and building relationships with those in our network, and finding new ones. You will need to be able to work fast in order to meet client KPIs.
- Vetting and supporting causes in order for them to register efficiently and safely, following set processes.
- Supporting retail store staff and helping to manage relationships between stores and causes on a daily basis.
- Keeping full records on all correspondence using SalesForce.
- Handling inbound enquiries and correspondence.
- Calling and supporting charity and project leaders to troubleshoot and provide support and advice.
- Platform testing as needed to ensure the best possible user experience.
Nice to have
- An understanding and interest in corporate social responsibility, volunteering and philanthropic activities.
- A knowledge of Salesforce would be an advantage, but is not essential
To apply, please email a cover note and your CV to email@example.com
No agencies please.