Any Veg Soup
This recipe was shared with us by the Oxgangs Neighbourhood Centre in Edinburgh.
- Some turnips
- Some parsnips
- Some carrots
- A bag of potatoes
- A bag of lentils
- A pack of vegetable stock
- Chop up all the veg, leaving the turnips in large pieces, and the potatoes whole
- Put all chopped veg into a large pan
- Add the vegetable stock
- Cover with hot water
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about an hour
- Puree until creamy
- Serve hot, with some bread, for a filling lunch.
With thanks to the Oxgangs Neighbourhood Centre.
Got a recipe that makes great use of food surplus? Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org